I am proud to say, I was nominated for the Versatile Blog Award. It’s a non-award from a good online friend and I am beyond flattered. Only two years ago, I longingly looked through the window of the online community and thought I would never make such lovely friendships as I saw people creating. And then my lone cowgirl self rode into town, hung around like a pooch waiting for food and a scratch. Eventually, I became a part of the scenery.
I connected with several fellow new bloggers after the first Decor8 online Blogging Your Way workshop. Women who were new and feisty like me and funny and figuring it out. Among them, Jane Barry of The Curious Love of Green . She lives in Ireland and I share with her a love of food, writing, of creativity, mothering, and maintaining the home fires. She is wry and driven and I was so flattered when she offered out to me a crowning and bestow-ment of the of Versatile Blog Award. Thanks so much for thinking of me Jane, even if it is maybe one of those non-award awards. The reverence from you means more than words.
After linking back to my bestower, Jane’s next instructions were to then share 7 random facts about myself.
1) My pinkie toenail is more like a glob that I file down to a flat surface to paint.
2) I never owned a car when I lived in the city. My first car was ‘Bessie’ the the 1980 Chevy brown truck we bought at a Delaware car auction to haul debris from our new house renovation 12 years ago when I was 35 maybe.
3) I blew renewing my driver’s license in a timely fashion and had to retake both the written and driving tests in 2012 to get it back. A most humbling experience detailed in a three part series.
4) The first middle and last letters of my name Shalagh are my initials, SLH.
5) I don’t know how to type. Surely there’s a computer tutorial I should be using to learn how to considering I do a lot of writing.
6) At my wedding, I sang a song I wrote when I was a teen about a river to my husband a cappella for his present. In front of all our guests.
7) I refuse to shop at Wal-mart. I do not appreciate or respect the way they treat their employees and so I practice conscious consumerism.
And Lastly, I must complete the process by then passing on the award to 13 other versatile bloggers. So here are 13 blogging gals whom I have the highest regards for.
Amanda Warton at The Eastern Bay
Kathy Bosin at The Chesapeake Journal
Marg Hogan at Destination Here and Now
Sandra Harris at Raincoast Creative Salon
Suzonne Stirling of Urban Comfort
Lauren Keim of Still + Life
Sheri Silver of Donuts, Dresses, and Dirt
Sabrina Wolfe of Wolves In London
Jennifer Mullin at the Fiery Redhead
Heather Serody at Big Girl Life
Marissa Harrington of Bourbon and Goose
And even if the award stops here, being that it is one of those kind of non-award admirational awards, I hope these women know that I am a devoted reader and lifetime supporter and friend to each of them. I love to write and I love to be read. Did I mention Jane is just finishing her draft of her book? Think I’m busy?