There was a Facebook prompt at least a year ago that asked for you to list out your top ten books that you’ve read. You were to not to think about it, just cough them up. Well I thought about it and totally decided that my reading list was unworthy of all the real readers in the world.I stayed right away from that challenge.
But recently I started to remember some of the great books that made such a difference to me in my life. And I thought that I’d share them. Yes, I haven’t been reading anything but blogs since I had Fiona. Yes one day I hope to reunite with my old friend Reading. Until then, here’s the 11 best books I can remember reading. The ones that I remember and am grateful for making me fall in love with reading, and writing, as a young adult and an adult.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – read in 8th grade and became my favorite movie too
- Catcher In The Rye -Holden how I get you
- 1984 -That hair across the diary page, ahhhhh
- The Hobbit – Tolkein (read this twice) and yet never read the rest of them
- The Secret Life of Bees – Just such wonderful characters and storytelling
- She’s Come Undone – Wally Lamb (read it twice too)I couldn’t believe a man wrote this
- On Writing – Stephen King’s raw and honest book about his demons and his passion
- If You Want to Write by Brenda Euland – She was ahead of her time and so empowering
- Prodigal Summer – Barbara Kingsolver’s writing made me feel the Summer heat and lust
- Paradise Alley – Who knew historical fiction could be this fabulous. Character development galore and a great twist.
- Eat, Pray, Love – The beginning of my spiritual journey
I have read many books over the years. I was a huge Stephen King fan for a while. I’ve read fantasy and YA books. Neil Gaiman’s graphic novel series, the Sandman, as well as all his novels and kids books. I miss reading and so I’m ready to attempt reading this year again. That it’s a form of meditation itself that my brain desperately needs to make me feel whole again. Would you share with me your most influential books and why ?
If you enjoyed what you read, subscribe, via the subscription box in the sidebar, to my thrice weekly posts via your emailbox. And visit me on Instagram to see my daily pictures, friend me or like my page on Facebook. Or come find me on Twitter or Pinterest too. I am always practicing Intentional Intouchness so chat at me please. I live for conversations.
And, as always, Thanks to you for your visit.